RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2003 Holiday rambler with a nor cold N 821 that…

I have a 2003 Holiday...
I have a 2003 Holiday rambler with a nor cold N 821 that does not turn on. Previously it had given a code of A and would restart after doing a manual reset. I also tried it on lp. It started with a good flame but I could hear and see clicking on the board and then it would shut the flame off. The fuse did blow previously and the board looks fried behind the outer terminal of the fuse. How do I determine if the board needs to be replaced or if there are other issues? Thanks, kevin
11/21/2017
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What will you need?

Have you taken the board off yet to inspect the rear of it? From what you shared it sounds like this is at least part of the issue. Norcold has no board tester. I always replace these in my shop with an after market board made here in the U.S. by Dinosaur Electronics. Get back to me with the part number off your board and I can supply a copy of the Service Manual and some instructions for testing some of the other parts of the system here. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Can you call me?
Phone call session started