RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I got a broom handle stuck in my small single slide’ I got

Customer Question
Hi I got a broom...
Hi I got a broom handle stuck in my small single slide’ I got the handle out but the slide is not working properly now. Please tell me how to adjust. Thank you
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: O6 Monaco Knight 40 foot
JA: What year is your Monaco?
Customer: O6 Monaco Knight 40 foot
JA: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The one side was out farther than the other side’ so we adjusted it so that they are both an equal distance from each side
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When operating slide in either direction it stutters and clicks
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I think it’s coming from the gear. Has only been going on since I got the broom handle stuck
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: RV
11/21/2017
RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 22 days ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** the slide was bound from a bloom stick and now it moves but with noise from the motor and gearbox it points to a problem with the gears in the gearbox which is consistant with possible damage from the force of the gears not being able to move the slideout. You will likely have to replace the gearbox and possibly the motor assembly as it likely got stripped and damaged.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
How do you get at at the gears and the gear box
RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 22 days ago

If the Slide Room Fails to Operate: Check the fuse and auto-reset circuit breaker on the slide-out relay module. If the fuses and circuit breakers test okay, it will be necessary to manually override the slide-out mechanism. Follow the steps below to manually override the slide-out room. WARNING: DO NOT work on the slide-out system unless the battery is disconnected. Make sure the floor is clean before retracting the slide-out room. Manual Override Procedure: 1. The bedroom slide-out is located under the bed. Lift the bed and remove the access panel. The main slide and wardrobe motors are located inside the exterior storage bays under the slide-outs. 2. Remove 12 Volt DC from the motor by disconnecting the plug from the slide-out motor to the power supply. 3. Use a 1” wrench (for main and wardrobe slides or a ¾” wrench (for the bedroom slide) to turn driveshaft and retract room. 5. Once the slide room has been manually retracted, reconnect power supply. This is necessary to stop the slide room from moving once retracted. 6. Take the motorhome to an authorized repair center.

RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 22 days ago

Do you have the manual for your RV? If not I can help with that.

RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 14 days ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson