RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2016 coachmen Leprechaun, heater does not work all…

Customer Question
I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 coachmen Leprechaun, heater does not work all the time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Interior gas heater

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 RV?

31' Leprechaun by coachmen

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Change out the coach batteries, thinking they where bad

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I change out the thermostat about a year ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
11/21/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Does it come on and just not ignite or just not come on at all sometimes? What is the make and model of your furnace and make and style of your thermostat? The more information you can provide the easier it is for me to get to the root of the problem here. All follow ups and exchanges between us are included in our one time fee. No time limit

The furnace air comes on but the gas does not come on all the time, The termstat is a Domenic or someting like that

That can be caused by several things. Low LP pressure at the tank regulator can cause erratic ignition. If the control board is an OEM version they can develop cracks in the solder joints and do this. One reason I always use an after market board made here in the U.S. and not in China. Do you know if you have an outside inspection cover over the furnace? That makes this pretty easy to check. Most shops can adjust the regulator for you if you take it out and into them. That should be checked at least once a year. If you can give the make and model later of your furnace I can supply a Service Manual and direct you in some testing.