RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

The refrigerator stopped cooling first, then the front panel

lights went out and the...
The refrigerator stopped cooling first, then the front panel lights went out and the light inside stopped working. I checked the ac and dc power and it was fine. Is the control board the problem?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The on/off light on the top of the uit and the inside light.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 06
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked the ac and dc power going to the unit and every thing is ok .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/21/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This is usually a tell tale sign that control board has failed when it slowly starts to die off like this here.I would check the connections to it to make sure they are all clean and tight.I dont suspect a blown fuse since this started to slowly fade out to a complete stop.The wiring and connections do need checked to see if there is a wiring fault leading to the control board or a connection issue but I suspect the control board may have failed.Some RV facilities can test it to make sure if you brought it in to them as well as provide you with a new one.In some cases you can take the part number off of the control unit/board and order it online.it depends on the model and part number but below is one web site that carries some of these.

http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Dom_boards.htm

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician