RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I replaced the Carrier A V that the fans had broken to

Customer Question
I replaced the Carrier...

I replaced the Carrier A V that the fans had broken to pieces, with a Coleman mach 8 ultra low profile, 15000 BTU heat pump W/ Con pump, was told that it was compatible with the existing ceiling unit. it did not so I purchased the three items needed. one was a wall thermostat, coleman rvp mach rv comfort hp t-stat wall digital 8530A345172-0390. installed it all and the heat pump does not come on even at the current 34 degree morning temp here in sedona AZ with the t- stat hanging out of the wall the propane furnace will come on only if I open the fuse on the coleman 8530A345172-0390 tech support sad I needed. I have checked every thing I can think of and the local RV guy is not interested in helping because I did it all by myself and I am 82 Thank you for any help you can give me Art Smith

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No I do not know there was such a thing on a brand new heat pump

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the entire a/c system with a Heat Pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I an Old X-Ray Field Service Engineer so I have most of the tools and understand the language.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
11/22/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing to check here is to see if there is an issue with any of the wiring being wired in incorrectly or damaged or disconnected on any of these components.IN allot of cases this can be the cause for this issue here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete