RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

How difficult is it to replace hydraulic line for jacks on

Fleetwood Revolution coach? JA: Okay, I'll...
How difficult is it to replace hydraulic line for jacks on Fleetwood Revolution coach?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: No, I am trying to figure approximately what it will take hour wise and total cost for replacing these lines. Mine are showing "bulges"
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Cadillac Fleetwood. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: This is not a Cadillac.. It is a 40 foot diesel pusher motor home.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

All the lines should run under the chassis so it might be a challenge getting to them, normally they are not spliced because they are under high pressure, if they are spliced then special connections are used. One way to do this is connect the new line to the old line and pull the old line out so you run the new line at the same time, still you might have to cut zip ties in different locations to allow the line to be pulled. You also will need to take the pressure off the lines, if you do this make sure you have something to catch the fluid and I would just crack the fitting and let it bleed off.

I would say to replace all the lines for the jacks you might be looking at 4-6 hours of labor in the shop, most shops will will give you an estimate prior to changing the lines out so I would ask what the labor rate is and expected labor time. Labor rates will vary from shop to shop as well.

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic