RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The door is catching, not aligning correctly and the latchn…

Customer Question
The door is catching...

The door is catching, not aligning correctly and the latchn broke from having to pull it in to latch it. \ how do we realign the door/

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2015 2015 Montana Keystone 5th wheel model 3721

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Yes the power leveler indicates is totally level.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Want toif possible cant get into a Keystone dealer until February. Not sure about Camping World mechanics time frame.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

First it was just the screen door that wouldn't latch and the outer latch broke. Now the inner pull handle on the outer door has broken and that door won't latch without forcing.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/21/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​hat is almost always caused by a twist in the trailer from not having it level in both directions. That is really too new to have any real wear in the hinge, but examine it carefully and see if it is loose on the door or in the jamb and that may have allowed it to sag down enough to cause this. Use a good long level and check this in both directions. Front to back and side to side. It pretty much has to be one or the other that is causing this. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!