RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Furnace motor blows fuses... of course won't turn on. 15

Customer Question
furnace motor blows fuses... of...
furnace motor blows fuses... of course won't turn on
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: yes 15 amp
JA: What is the model of your '15 RV?
Customer: furnace model is 8935/40
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced fuse and it blew again. I think it is the motor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of as I am just getting in to it
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: RV
11/20/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 27 days ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

That can be due to several things. Most often it is a short caused by mice or some debris left in there by them or some insects and the motor is bound up. Do you have an outside inspection panel over the furnace or not? And give me a few minutes as I have to take a phone chat.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
It isn't fixed but I already got charged 24 + 5 so I won't be using this service any more
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 26 days ago

T​hat was the question value and not many shops you can go and get it repaired for just $29. One reason our site is so popular is that we can get the problem solved quickly and for very little compared to shop rates. I have successfully assisted over 12,000 customers here over the last 8+ years who were very pleased with the help they got. Sorry this didn't work out for you, but it could have.

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic