RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My grey water tank in my airstream has a slow leak, coming…

Customer Question
My grey water tank...

My grey water tank in my airstream has a slow leak, coming out the undercarriage.

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

Grey water tank and yes it is water.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2002 classic, 30'

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Classic yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have not tried, I'm not a mechanic. I'm looking for someone local who can come on site to take a look and repair it, if possible. I live in Indio, CA

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/20/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

One place or person that is rated pretty high on mobile RV repairs is :

Sundance Custom RV

*****br />Ste A-352
Palm Desert, CA 92211

Phone number(###) ###-####/p>

Here is the web site

http://www.sundancecustomrv.com/

This seems to be the closest to your area for any mobile rv help.Other then this you would need to take it into a repair facility to have this inspected to locate and repair the leak.This may be the main water line leading into the tank leaking at a clamp or seal or the tank itself may have a crack in it needing replaced as these are the most common causes.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

No help...they are not taking new customers.

This company below in your area does to lock out services which they would have to come to you to do this so there is a chance they also do mobile inspections or repairs.You can try and contact them to see if they offer any of these services.

https://sunbirdrvrepair.com/#rv-repairs

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete