RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2016 forest river sandpiper 389rd. Has been on city water…

2016 forest river sandpiper...

2016 forest river sandpiper 389rd

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Forest River?

Has been on city water for 3 weeks and on a cool morning not below freezing is leaking water from fresh water overflow Sandpiper 389rd

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

Fresh water overflow and yes its water

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

All i have turned off city water valve and been looking online for simular issues

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

11/20/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually this fault here is caused by the fresh water over flow valve itself.The ball or seal in it can leak in colder temps ( doesnt have to be freezing) and will cause an issue like this here.Some have mentioned replacing it with an upgraded part to prevent this from occuring again as some are plastic and shrink in colder temps over time and cause this issue.

I would speak with an RV repair facility to see if they have any type of updated over flow valve seat/ball for this to correct this fault here.I suspect they would have something on hand to replace it with that is a better design then the factory valve.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Thanks

Your welcome