RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a Duo-Therm, Part # 3107206 Air Box Kit and I'm

I have a Duo-Therm...
I have a Duo-Therm , Part #(###) ###-####Air Box Kit and I'm looking for a heater kit for it.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No the a/c works fine
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: It's not an RV, it is a 32 ft. car hauler.
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to order a heater coil to put in the air box
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/20/2017
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
ok what do you need

What is the model number of the A/C and the model of your thermostat? I need to be sure that there are no compatibility issues here. Is your ducted or not?

I can give you a call as soon as Customer Service clears your CC payment for this. It may have been a Fraud Alert issue.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Has the card gone through yet?

Not yet, but that part number you gave me for the ceiling box should be a #3107206.017 and is a manual controlled air box with ceiling controls. There was only one heat strip that would work with that one and that part is #3101121.030 and those are NLA from Dometic. It doesn't mean you won't be able to find one, but they may be scarce. I can see what I can find at my supplier when I get into my shop. That would be in a few hours as I am in California.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Can I send you the only tag I can find in the air box?

I am attaching a link to a dealer who shows they have one still. https://www.makariosrv.com/dometic-old-style-non-ducted-heat-strip-3101121-030/

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thanks

If you want that you might want to get right on it! Getting scarce! And you are most welcome! If you need more here then please get back to me.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok thanks for your help

They show that part number as being superseded by a new number: (###) ###-####000

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok thanks

But......I checked on that and it is for the newer BriskAir II models and will NOT fit yours. So you have to go back to looking for that original number I gave you. I will see what I can find and report back if I find one.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thanks, I’m also looking on line, but haven’t found anything yet.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I found one thanks for your help

Super! You are most welcome and please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. If they clear your payment I will just not call unless you tell me you still want that and it will get credited back to your account.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification