RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Am having furnace problems. Furnace will light for about 10…

Customer Question
Am having furnace problems...

Am having furnace problems. Furnace will light for about 10 sec go off for 30 sec with blower on, relight, go off with fan on, relight, go off with fan on, After 3rd relight try the fan then stays on and no relight. No heat.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Kept the thermostat at 69 degrees with the inside temp of RV at 54. Still no relight or heat.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 RV?

Sea Breeze 30' 1999. I think the model of Atwood furnace is either a 2300, 2320 or 2340

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Breeze yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked the stove gas flame and it's bright blue, no yellow. I will not try to fix the furnace but would like to know if I have to order a part.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/19/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Really hard to say if a part is needed as there could be several reasons the furnace. Need to go through the troubleshooting manual to eliminate the possible causes. Could be the circuit board, electrode, high limit switch or possibly a LP pressure problem. I understand the stove is working good but the pressure really should be checked yearly to see if it is in range, this is done with a manometer. The circuit board can also be removed and tested with a special board tester. Most RV shops will have the board tester. I would also blow out the intake and exhaust make sure nothing has gotten inside, sometimes rodents or mud daubers can get inside and cause problems, normally you see that on units that have sat for a period of time with running the furnace. I am going to give you an Atwood service manual it should help you out on this. Click HERE for that, when you troubleshoot it is a process of elimination.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Robert

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 months ago

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert