RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Slideout lock not working. Currently slide is out and lock…

Slideout lock not working...

Slideout lock not working. Currently slide is out and lock has locked the slide. Lock will not unlock

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

This is a 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37f class A motorhome and the only slide that has a lock is the passenger front.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 RV?

Adventurer 37f

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

The lock was unresponsive when we arrived at the campground but later for no reason it suddenly worked and I was able to unlock the slide and put it out. When we were leaving, I brought the slide in and ran the lock until it stopped. When I tried to unlock it (to see if it still worked), it was "dead"; no response

Have sent 2 additional documents re: slideout locks
Answered in 1 day by:
11/21/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to an internal electrical or mechanical fault with the lock motor itself/lock assembly needing replaced.I dont see a manual way myself to disengage these so you may have to have a dealer or repair center come out to inspect and repair this lock issue.If this is not an option for you let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete. Thanks for responding! Do you have any idea where the lock may be located? This slide, passenger front, is the only one with a lock on this model. I have checked all the circuit breakers and fuses I could find but none are bad. I've added a few files that might help. One, "IN-WALL-Winnebago-Repair-Manual-min", shows a controller on page 4 but I have no idea where that might be located. I looked throughout the coach but didn't venture into any sealed (screwed shut) compartments. The image, "37F-Floorplan-slide.jpg" indicates with an arrow the slide with the problem.Lastly, we had forgotten a few items after taking it to where we store it and when there I once again tried to disengage the lock and run the slide out but it was still "dead" (no response). The slide itself works fine; it's just the lock that has to be out before it will work. Some sort of relay or such I'm guessing.I appreciate all your help and insight Pete but if this is outside your expertise, then just let me know. I appreciate the fact that you answered and thank you for your time.
Regards,
Eric Duran

Unfortunately I do not know the location myself for this lock or actually how it is actuated.I do know that most are actuated by a control panel and usually through a relay or solenoid built into the lock or control panel itself but my info isnt showing where these are located on your model.

You may have to have a repair facility test this to see if they can locate the components to do this testing to locate and repair this fault here.You may have a faulty lock or control unit/board at fault needing replaced.I wish I had more info on this here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
5 stars is the least I can do for your time. The coach has an extended warranty for everything, including the slide, so I'll contact the dealer to get it looked at.
Thanks again for you help, Pete.

Your welcome.I do hope you can get this resolved with ease and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete