RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have good water pressure at my water hose but low pressure

at all sinks and shower JA...
I have good water pressure at my water hose but low pressure at all sinks and shower
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: It's a 2014 Montana 3402rl
JA: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Don't know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
11/19/2017
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO I would start and unscrew the end of the faucet, inside you should see a fine mesh screen you want to make sure that they are not plugged up or they can reduce the water flow or I have even seen them stop the flow when they are really plugged up.

IF you have a water filter inside the RV or after the water connector I would replace that as well, when they plug up it can reduce the water pressure.

Finally if you have good water pressure using the water pump from water out of the tank but not from the city water hook up you could have a bad regulator, the regulator is part of the connector that you screw your hose in, it has a built in check valve and regulates the water. So if you have good water from the tank using the pump I would look at that city water connector/regulator as possibly being the issue.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page....

Robert

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Cleaned all screens in faucets still low pressure

OK

Can you run the water pump which would require putting water in the tank??? IF the pump puts out good pressure then it has to be that city water connector you are hooking up to, as I said it has a built in regulator.

Robert

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Where is that built in regulator

IT is part of the connector that you screw your hose into. It has a built in check valve so water does not leak back out and it acts as a regulator.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok I put a new one on so I'm stumped. The pump has better pressure than city connection

Hmmmm..... That is the only thing that should regulate the incoming pressure, unless it is going through a water filter at some point.

What you might want to try is to hook up a blow out plug to the city water connector and then open the faucets up and give about 45-50 psi of air that should clear anything out of the lines possible you have a blockage prior to where the city water T's into the system. Most RV stores have the blow out plugs for a few dollars.

IF you have an outdoor sprayer make sure the valves are shut as well, I have seen some issues when they are left open with poor pressure, no hot water etc....

Robert

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thanks bud

No problem...

Let me know if you need more help, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic