RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

On generator power. Wife turned on microwave with 2 electric…

On generator power....

On generator power. Wife turned on microwave with 2 electric heaters running. Blewy. Now the microwave and all of the outlets don't work. Lights still on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

All the indoor lights in the coach. Everything works except the outlets and the microwave.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2003 Winnebago Brave

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried flipping the 110 circuit breakers and reseting the 12v push buttons

11/19/2017
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

Is the genset still running, or did it shut down?

What are the brand and model number of the genset?

What is a genset? The generator? Yes it's still running.
onan marquis gold 5500
no phone call

Marquis Gold is not a model number, it is a family class.

Go to the genset, and remove the front maintenance access cover.

Inside, on the left, you will see the circuit breakers for the genset. Check them to see if they are tripped.

As long as the genset is running, it is producing power, so the problem is not going to be a bad genset.

THANK YOU! You saved my life....Good bye

Not a problem.

Thank you for using Just Answer, and please take a moment to rate my assistance.

Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets