RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2001 starcraft popup and i need to replace the main…

I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 starcraft popup and i need to replace the main cable

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your RV. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I am also going to replace the goshen winch

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What exactly is your question here?

how do i replace the cable
i have never don it before the winch looks easy enogh what do i need to know about the main cable

L​et me get you a manual on this. I am about to eat dinner so give me an hour or so.

See the attached link for the manual for this from PopUp Portal. Print this out so you have it. http://www.popupportal.com/resources/starcraft-1983-2001-lift-system-service-manual.375/

Another good link. Register there for free. Good stuff! http://www.popupportal.com/threads/starcraft-lifting-cable-replacement.66512/

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Very helpfull thank you

You are most welcome! Thanks for letting me know and please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Have a great Thanksgiving day!