RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2003 hoilday ramber endeavor alter. not charging…

I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 hoilday ramber endeavor alter. not charging but charges with shore and gen power but they say alter. is good. can you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Endeavor yourself? What have you tried so far?

I started to but iam to big now. so i took it to freightliner

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes all good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes before that i replaced the engine oil sending unit and touched a terminal on the alter. and it spark just a bit.

11/17/2017
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

so are you saying the coach battery are not being charged ??

Hi

I see you requested a phone call, I my self can not do a call

another expert may , plus JA charges extra for the call

alter. light is on alarm is sounding and guage is showing no charge but i run the gen or shore power it is showing a charge thur the gauge and the batts. bothhouse and chaisse are full charge
are you still talking to me iam slow at typing

HI

Sorry for the delay, I work with 4-5 questions at a time

and Yes I type slow also

Hi

Do you have a volt meter ??

If so unit running , measure the volts at the Battery terminal on the alter alternator

i have a gauge and with the moterhome runing it is 12volts and will drop but start the house gen up or have it pluged into shore power it will be12.5plus and the batterys voltage is 13.5plus

Hi

Thank you for the response

if you only have 12 volts on the alternator

it is not good, should read around 13.6

did you take alternator off and have it checked ??

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

i took it back to freightliner truck because the alter. was under warranty they put it on 8 months ago. they said it was the alter too but now it may be something else
is there a isolator our something between alter and battery

Hi

Thank you for the response

No, no isolator

I say the alternator has failed again

freightliner says no because then put new one on and still the same i think am gettting the run around by freightlier i will go get it and bring it home figure it out myself.I thank you and may call on you later.

Hi

Your welcome, please remember to rate my answer

So I get credit for the question, Yes please call on me

I think f/l is giving you the run around

Wayne, RV Mechanic
Daniel Wilson
Phone call session started