RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Awning window crank assembly made by excell no longer

Customer Question
Awning window crank assembly...

Awning window crank assembly made by excell no longer operated. Seems the gears (plastic) are worn out. Used on Right rear awning window on Winnebago Journey 2005. Dealer claims mechanism no longer made “sorry about that”. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

Awning window crank assembly made by Excell no longer engages with rotary crank. Operates the right rear awning style window on a Journey 36 from 2005. Dealer says no replacement part available “sorry about that”! Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I can see that the little gears seem to no longer engage. I’ve tried to order a replacement assembly.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
11/17/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Sorry to say, but he is correct , no longer available

you would need to replace the Ass'y

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ??Please remember to rate my answeror the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne
How can you “replace” something no longer available? I took it apart and rebuilt it with no help. Thanks
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago

Morning

happy to hear you have it fixed

Wayne, RV Mechanic