RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Waeco CF 40 car fridge.is flashing teh error light when…

My Waeco CF 40...

My Waeco CF 40 car fridge.is flashing teh error light when connected to the aux battery in my Toyota Prado does it need a service .This doe not occur on when connet to mains power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Thanks Brian

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the RV Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No just got back from Queensland and in the last few days the fridge was not holding down

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

11/17/2017
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

That is most often a sign that the available voltage is too low for the fridge to operate the unit properly. It should be load tested to be sure that it is viable. Only use that when the battery(s) are being charged up from another source like the vehicle alternator or solar panels. One battery with no other input can run down quickly. The light is warning you of this problem. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

Can I get an Auto Electrician to load test this unit. I will try it on the main battery to see if I get the error message if not then the fult may be with the Aux battery feed ?

Yes. I would have the battery(s) load tested to be sure they are viable and then if so, give them a full charge and try it again. If that error code still persists then you have an internal issue on the 12 VDC side. That tends to be a trouble source in these.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification