RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2012 Hawk w/ electric stabilizer. Front and rear…

I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 White Hawk w/ electric stabilizer jack. Front and rear no-op. 20 amp auto reset. It also powers slide which works fine. Can one set of motors fail and the other fail on the same fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Checked fuses, no diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 RV?

White Hawk

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet, not sure if I should replace fuse or something else

11/17/2017
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Have you checked for power through the auto breaker? Doubtful that two motors would fail at the same time. Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing? That would be the quickest way to track this down. About $20 or so and easy to use. I an direct you in some testing. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

Thank you for your reply. I will do the testing and replace the fuse if necessary. Thank uou for your help.

That should be a shortstop breaker. Be sure to use the same amp rating. Get back to me if you need more and you are most welcome!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification