RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have TECMA toilets in my2007 Monaco RV. We just drove from…

Customer Question
I have TECMA toilets...

I have TECMA toilets in my2007 Monaco RV. We just drove from MN to AZ with no issues. I now cannot get my one toilet to flush. It started out with the tank full indicator coming on the wall controller. I tried the over ride and it would not flush. I checked all of the wire connectors and found no issues. I left it for the night. My rear toilet is working correctly. In the morning I noticed the red full indicator was no out and the green indicator was on. I thought I would try it and it flushed as it should. So I was going to try it again and it would not flush and there is no level indicator light. Can you please help me out?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the RV Mechanic to figure that out. What year is your Monaco?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have replaced the flapper in the macerator pump so I have had the unit out. I put it back in and it has been working fine until now. I have checked the in feed power which is fine, I pulled all of the connectors for the wall controller, mid and high level leads and found no issues.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That about does it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 2 days by:
11/19/2017
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither are the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident there answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

Sure can. Evidently the controller for the toilet is bad. The question I have is if you purchase a new one, will it come with the controller software installed (flashed)?

Both of my repair guides have the steps but they contradict each other. Since I can not verify my answer would be correct. I will have to opt out.