RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2010 Keystone energy my fuel station will not work…

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Keystone energy my fuel station will not work I checked for power cannot find power at the fuel station I disconnected the wires and hooked up a 12 volt battery and the fuel station is working my gears are a little swollen which I will need to shave but even with the gears taking out it still will not turn on unless I run power to it I have trace the wires all the way up into the trailer and they seem good I've checked all my fuses and they seem good is there anything in between there that I am missing a safety switch a GFI anybody know what I might be missing my timer is good my switch is good and my pump is good but I have no power and all my fuses are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Power loss is constant I even removed my entire fuse panel and pulled it out nothing back there seems to be wrong either

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Station?

It is a 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

I pulled the gears and tried to turn it on it still would not turn on so I tested power to the timer and the switch and there is no power so I ran power myself to it and the pump turned on my fuse box is all working fine power going through both sides of all the fuses I even pulled the entire fuse box out and every thing behind it seems okay I ran the wires from the front all the way to where they go into the trailer they seem fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's about all the information I have there's nothing else on the trailer that does not have power no other issues just no 12 volt power to the fuel station

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 2 days by:
11/19/2017
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither are the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident there answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

I checked all of my fuses I pulled my fuse panel out to make sure all the wires were tight in the back I trace the wires from my refilling station up around none of the trailer that go over and they go up inside of a bathroom wall leaving the fuel pump it is a solid red and they sell it black wire on the back of my fuse box all of the wires are white with stripes I shaved my gears down and it works just fine if I hook a 12 volt battery up to it directly to the back of the switch but there is no power at the pump and I'm hoping I don't get charged $39 for someone to say they don't know because I have that answer already is there something between the fuse panel and the pump is there a relay is there a reset somewhere on that particular trailer my 12 volt system all works just fine throughout the whole trailer except to that pump so there has to be some kind of a safety switch or something in there

I have scoured all I can and cannot locate a wire diagram. I have no choice but to opt out.

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic