RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The fluid came out of the pump thru the overflow line. I…

Customer Question
The fluid came out...

The fluid came out of the pump thru the overflow line. I bought this RV last fall and it has made a noise like a power steering pump low on fluid. I was told it made noise because it was just old and not worry about it. But when it puked on me when I took it on a short trip, I am now worrying about it

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

It was supposed to be full when I got it from my son-in-law. He is an auto mechanic but said this was over his head

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

It lost over a quart easily. it has whined and groaned since I got it

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RV?

1993 SItaska 34'

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not fixing it myself, but want to be wise about the problem. I have only looked for a reputable service center to work on it, but it is 90 miles from me

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, it has a vacuum problem affecting the AC and no speed control the two reservoirs appear ti be on good shape, but i don't know

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/16/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Judging from the information you shared on this I suspect that you have a vacuum issue and that is the real source of the problem and that there is nothing wrong with the power steering pump itself. Many have a vacuum assist. I would be looking at that area and see what might be needed. Please let me know if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.