RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2003 Brave. We got back home Now generator will not

Customer Question
turn over and only plugs...
I have a 2003 Brave. We got back home Now generator will not turn over and only plugs work when shore line is plugged in, no refridge, no air, no heat. What happened?
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: No, but why is that?
JA: What is the model of your '03 RV?
Customer: Brave 32V
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked voltage of batteries, flipped switches at generator
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: RV
11/16/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 29 days ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

S​orry for the delay in someone getting to your question! Did you check the breakers on your inverter/charger? And is it possible that the battery disconnect solenoid switch got hit by mistake and took the batteries offline? That can happen and will keep all your 12 VDC from working which powers up most control boards on those items you mentioned. It might be something else and we can check for that if you have or can get a small digital multimeter for some testing. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 27 days ago

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic