RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Basement slide went out know when I push switch nothing

Customer Question
Basement slide went out...

Basement slide went out know when I push switch nothing happens. Where do I start to look.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Battery are charged , but head lights not on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2006 gold.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

2006 Alfa see ya gold

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/15/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

All other 12 VDC functions working? Do you have a small digital multmeter for some testing? That would be the quickest way to track this down. If you know the make and model of your slide hardware that would be helpful here as well. All follow ups and exchanges between us are included in our fee. No time limit

Don’t know about slide it was in it when I bought it my guess is a fuse but don’t know where to look.

Do you have a meter or not?

It may be a shortstop breaker as they use those and not fuses most of the time. Those are located near the batteries. Red cable goes right to them. Gray with silver post and copper post. Black button on the end with the copper post. Push in to reset it.