RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The slide on my 1998 Fleetwood is not working like it

Customer Question
The slide on my...

The slide on my 1998 Fleetwood is not working like it should

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

I not tried anything yet, Do not where to start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The batteries are new and connections are clean

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It sometimes goes part of the way out and gets stuck, sometimes it won't go out at all, the switch clicks and if you push it several times it works sometimes. I am afraid to put it out again.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/15/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

The slide gets stuck sometimes and others it won't move

A​re you plugged into shore power when you do this or not? And do you have a small digital multimeter so we can check some voltages here? About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing. All follow ups and exchanges between us are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

If you know whose slide hardware you have that would be helpful. Most are Power Gear units.

I will try to find out the hardware, it is hydralic.
It is raining right now.
I have a volt meter

W​hen you can check the DC voltage at the house batteries let me know what it is and if you are plugged into shore power or not.

I am not plugged in but could be.
I was plugged in when it would not work.

But, we need to know if the charging system is working or not. Give me about 30 minutes are I am just heading into my shop.

Ez glide 50 amp.
All batteries read 6.4 volts

6 VDC batteries? Find the trombetta solenoid for the slide pump and motor. Have someone work the switch for you and see what the DC voltage is on the incoming post and then to the post to the motor. It should be about the same as at the batteries. This would tell us if this is at the switch or the trombetta or motor. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to check the trombetta solenoid voltage yet?