RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

We have a 2004 Fleetwood Jamboree (31') Unfortunately we had

Customer Question
We have a 2004 Fleetwood...
We have a 2004 Fleetwood Jamboree (31') Unfortunately we had a dog chew the wire harness that plugs into our generator. There are 4 wires (red is on the F, yellow on the C, black and brown were pulled out of B and A) We don't know which ones (black and brown) goes in A or B. Can you please help. Here is the model #: 4KYFA26100K. Thank you.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Yes we checked the fuses. We don't have a wiring diagram for the harness for the remote harness.
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We need to know if the the black or brown go into the A,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
11/15/2017
RV Mechanic: Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets replied 30 days ago
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

Unfortunately, you can not go by the colors, as there is no standard coloring scheme for a remote harness.

However, if the wires are not too damaged, they should all be marked with their respective pin positions.

The wires should be marked P8-A, P8-B, P8-C etc..

The one marked P8-A will go the the A pin.

The one marked P8-B will go to the B pin.

If the labels are not legible, you will need to go the remote switch itself, and remove it. Either take a good picture of the back side, or at least fully describe where the different color wires are attached to the back of the remote.

RV Mechanic: Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets replied 27 days ago

Did you get the wires attached?

Hank F.
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets