RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Lights run on battery only even when plugged directly into…

Customer Question
Lights run on battery...

Lights run on battery only even when plugged directly into electric. Fuses are all good. Eventually battery runs down. All outlets and refrigerator works

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

My apologies. Internal lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2003 Wildnerness

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing except look at fuses and changed fuse by battery terminal (round 30 amp I believe)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

PD50B3Q3GN is the model on my controller if that is the issue...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/14/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

so your saying when plugged into shore power

they don't work ??

Correct
Everything but lights work... LIghts work on 12v but run out when battery dies...even when the camper is plugged into electric. This happened to me last time I took cmaper out as well

Thank you for the response

check by your converter that it is 12 volts

Battery is now charging in garage since it died...

Hi

Thank you for that

get back to when charged

how old are the batteries ??

It is a new battery...deep cycle

OK Thank you

Hi

Just following up with you

how you doing with this issue

Let me know, Did my answer help you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.