RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

1989 Cobra Newport 27' Class A: using as a trailer. No

Customer Question
1989 Cobra Newport 27'...

1989 Cobra Newport 27' Class A: using as a trailer. No engine. No battery. Overhead DC lights have been removed. Cannot get voltage to light heater or water heater. 27 VAC at breakers. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

I have AC lights. That is not the problem. Cannot light propane heater or propane water heater.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Newport yourself? What have you tried so far?

A house electrician cannot locate the problem. He is not familiar with RV circuits. Can you send wiring diagrams?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/14/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

A​re you using any kind of adapter on the shore cord? Does it have the OEM transfer switch still installed? That is the usual area where a problem like this exists. With your meter we can test that and track this down.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!