RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Jayco travel trailer that has two pop-out sections…

Customer Question
I have a Jayco...

I have a Jayco travel trailer that has two pop-out sections on the back side. Larger pop-out is in living/dining area and I have a leak in corner of pop-out near water heater/furnace closet. Cannot locate where moisture is coming from. Any suggestions on source of leak?

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

It a travel trailer not a car & yes it is a leak cause water damage is quite extensive.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2012 Jayco Jayflight travel trailer. Do you need more into on trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are. We have cut a rather large hole in flooring to expose rotted flooring under carpet. Wood framing had quite a bit of rot & insulation was quite damp. Cannot locate where water is entering area under floor. Have put silicone caulking on exterior of pop-out to see if that solved problem but did not work. Light rain today & area is getting damp again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We just purchased the trailer approx. a month ago & did not know of issue until after purchase.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/12/2017
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This is going to be tough not being able to see it in person. Can you upload some pictures?

give me a minute.

Thanks

Chris are you still there?

Sure am, you had a duplicate post opened, it got closed an I can no longer see it. You will have to reply here.

trying to reply but cant seem to reach you!
let me know if you can see pictures I sent you of floor in trailer.

I see them.

2012 Jayco Jayflight travel trailer What is the model number so I can see the floor and slide out layout?

Have you used a hose to water test and try to find the leak origin?

we've just tried that & water is coming in from somewhere. We are not able to locate where the water is getting into the trailer. Only wet area is under floor where you see hole that we cut out. Year is a 2013 not a 2012 Jayco Jayflight & trying to find model number on trailer cuz title does not list a model number.
Label on outside of trailer says 32BHDS so we think that may be model number.
is there any way you could call me? I am willing to pay the fee for the call back.
Are you still there? I think we are going to go to an RV service center that is open right now hear us & see if they can assist us with our issue.

Are you still needing help?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris