RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Trying to move sideouts back in, one got cockeyed and stuck.

Customer Question
Hi, trying to move...

Hi, trying to move sideouts back in, one got cockeyed and stuck. Believe it bent frane and track. Now it won't go in. Winnebago Chieftain 2003 39' can't move or tow.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Winnebago Chieftain 2003. Only has 9000 miles on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9000 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to get ahold of anyone to help. Unfortunately everyone is booked or closed for holiday. Very heavy, husband has jack but said it's pretty bad, cannot fix himself. We are in North County San Diego...motor home is in Fallbrook

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic, 9000 miles on engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/11/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This should be a HWH system and you should be able to crank the room in. To do this you must relieve the hydraulic pressure off the system at the solenoid valves, after that you should be able to manual crank the room in. Click HERE and see pages 2-20 to 2-23 it will show you how to get the room in. IF something is bent you need to get the room square before trying to bring it in, if something failed you are very limited on what you can do.

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert