RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We turned our furnace on and this loud noise like a bad fan…

Customer Question
We turned our furnace...

We turned our furnace on and this loud noise like a bad fan started.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2015 34qs Berkshire

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We filled with LP gas earlier in the day and it started by itself and gradually went away after we opened windows and put fans on.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/10/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

How are you today

what you are describing is the bearings in the fan motor

are failing, they are not grease able (should be), but yes that is your noise and issue

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I won’t know if your right till I get a mechanic to look - hear it running. My husband went to get a heater at a local hardware store. It’s suppozed to get in the 20’s here. 2 yr old bus!!! This sucks��

HI

Thank you for your reply

Yes , that is no time to be with out heat

but I guarantee you that is your issue

Morning
Just following up with you
did my answer help you ??
Please remember to rate my answer
or the money you paid stays at JA
and I get nothing for my time

Morning

Just checking in with you

What was the out come of this issue

HI

Just checking in ,

any results yet ??

Please remember I only get the credit when you rate my answer 4 or more stars