RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 29ft. Jayco rv 2016, with duel Interstate

Customer Question
We have a 29ft...

We have a 29ft. Jayco rv 2016, with duel Interstate batteries, but they drain overnight with nothing on but a couple of lights in the evening and the refrigerator which is on propane. What would cause the drain and what type of battery would you recommend? A deep cell?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

10 watt leds

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 RV?

Greyhawk

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We had a rv place install a second battery right after purchase of the rv, but in a short time we were running out of juice by morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just a recommendation

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/10/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Rule of thumb, always replace batteries in pairs

the older on will pull the new on down

I suggest to get deep cycle marine batteries

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning
Just following up with you
did my answer help you ??
Please remember to rate my answer
or the money you paid stays at JA
and I get nothing for my time

Morning

do you still need help with this