RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My heater is not working blower comes on runs for a bit then…

Customer Question
My heater is not...

My heater is not working blower comes on runs for a bit then nothing happens,how do I check the ignition and how do I clean the system myself I’ve called around my area and no one can check it for me for a couple of weeks and the night temperatures for the next couple of nights is in the teens so could you please help me out with this please

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Thermostat comes on when I turn it up and what coolant level it’s pull behind camper.I did notice this summer that the thermostat wasn’t kicking on and off like it should when I ran the air but the fuse looks fine I’ve checked it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2012 Rockwood Mini Lite

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve really haven’t done anything but make sure venting is clear, I took the cover off the heater under the bench seats and I turned on the thermostat and watched for a flame in little view window but saw nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/10/2017
RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. I assume it is the gas furnace you are having trouble with. There are many models these were built with. Let me know what model you have. Click on this link to access the manuals as well

Manuals

RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated.