RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

New 19hfs xlr hyperlite. has heat pads. have no idea where…

Customer Question
New 19hfs xlr hyperlite...

New 19hfs xlr hyperlite. has heat pads. have no idea where swith to turn on is.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

I just want to know where to swith to turn them on is.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XLR?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XLR yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not sure what your asking. i just need to know the location of the switch to turn the pads on.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Let me see what I have for information on this for you.

RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Depending on the trailer some are wired to a switch and others are just plug into an AC outlet. Below is right from the manual.

1. When the outside temperature is near freezing, simply turn ON the holding tank heater's12 VDC power switch and/or plug in the 120 VAC power cord.

2. There must be liquid in the holding tank, pipes, and elbows when UltraHeat™ heaters are ON.

3. The tank heater immediately starts protecting your holding tank from freezing up.

4. The thermostat on the heater will turn ON the tank heater as soon as the tank temperature drops to 44° F (7° C). The tank heater immediately starts protecting your holding tank. When the temperature in the holding tank rises to 64° F (18˚ C), the tank heater will automatically turn OFF.

5. If using a generator or other power source, which exceeds the heater's voltage requirements,turn the heater OFF and/or unplug the power cord to avoid eventual damage to the heater's thermostat.

6. Turn the power switch OFF (and/or unplug the power cord on the Dual Voltage Model)when the outside temperature is above freezing.

7. Failure to follow these operating instructions could result in the voiding of your warranty.(The control is generally located in the command center.)

Note:

Tank heaters are thermostatically controlled. This product has been tested and designed to be used as a heating device for RV fresh water supply and waste water holding tanks made of standard grade plastics.UltraHeat, Inc. assumes no liability for any usage of product for purpose other than what is consistent with the original design and testing.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.