RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The refrigerator will not turn on. 2006 star craft. There is…

Customer Question
The refrigerator will not...

The refrigerator will not turn on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2006 star craft. There is electricity going to the plug but it will not turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

Let me check. the bill of sale just says 2006 star craft.it is a travel star

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We checked the fuses and they don't appear to be blown. When we push the on button it will nor come on and we can not get it to run on propane either

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

We checked the one under the refrigerator. and he said only found two fuses on the outside.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it going to cost anything to talk to the mechanic?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/10/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​his is a pay site. The value of this question is $29. Do you want to continue or not?

If so, I need the make and model of your fridge.

No I don't want to continue. I want my $5 back too. I want the refundable deposit. I was just wanting to know what would make the refrigerator not to come on. I was just really trying to find an owners manual. Thank You.

And I can do both of those things........just not for free. I have an RV repair shop and my minimum fee of $49 for a half hour. Many are much higher than that. $29 is really pretty reasonable considering there are not time limits or on the number of exchanges needed to resolve any issue. It doesn't work for everyone though. I will put in for a refund for you.