RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic RM 4601 that is not work when on 240 volts…

Customer Question
I have a Dometic...

I have a Dometic RM 4601 that is not work when on 240 volts the manual suggests check the fuse is this the fuse at the power source into van or is there a separate fuse within the fridge unit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

One is in the van and that is oK NOT CERTAIN OF ANOTHER LOCATION BUT CAN CHECK

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 240?

My van is 10 yrs old mians power is Aust 230/240V

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 240 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked various connections in rear panel all look ok It had not bben working on 12V either but I have located and replaced that burnt out fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Might need to take it to Dometic repairer I suspect

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/9/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Do you have a small digital multimeter? That would allow you to test the heating element to be sure that isn't the problem. Not expensive and easy to use. I can direct you in the testing.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!