RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My microwave/convection oven has no power. Took it down and…

Customer Question
My microwave/convection oven has...

My microwave/convection oven has no power. Took it down and plugged it into different socket and it worked. All other wall outlets in rv work fine. Breaker is not tripped. Have only used generator power so far. No shore power available.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2011 allegro 35qba

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 RV?

35 QBA

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im trying. Ive taken down the microwave and plugged it into a different socket and it works fine.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: RV
11/9/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

ok

T​hat outlet should be on a GFCI controlled plug. OR it may just have a bad connection on the rear of the outlet. Most of these are the cheaper made one piece Check that first with a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores. About $20 or so and easy to use and very helpful to have in your tool kit. If you need help with the testing or we need to dig deeper into this please get back to me as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to check this out yet with a meter?