RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1983 motor home with a Ford V8 engine - Econoline.

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a 1983 motor home with a Ford V8 engine - Econoline. I am not sure what exactly engine is that, but under the P/S pump is the oil filter located, and the filter is at an angle, pointing towards the fron of the vehicle. I do not know where the fuel pump is located. I do not even know if it is mechanical or electric. Could you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I do not think so, unless he will ask me a question.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: RV
11/9/2017
RV Mechanic: HDGene, RV Mechanic replied 9 months ago
HDGene
HDGene, RV Mechanic

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, whats the 17 digit vin number? What would you like to know about this vehicle?

1FDKE30L9DHB44333
What kind of fuel pump is in it^ Mechanical or electrical, and where is it located^ Tk;s

Ok this is a tough question to answer since it is carbuereted it should be a mechanical fuel pump on the engine it is listing it is a 460Ci 7.5 liter V8 engine. It can also use a frame rail mounted electric pump which would be on the drivers side frame rail under the drivers seat area or an in tank electric fuel pump. Follow the fuel supply line back off the carburetor, if it is a mechanical pump on the block it will go directly to the fuel pump on the engine, otherwise it will go back to the frame mounted pump on the rail. If no pump on the engine or frame, then it is in the fuel tank and the tank would need to be removed to replace it.

If you need more help please let me know. If I answered your questions please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.