RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Fire goes out,red light comes on it restarts. Does this

Customer Question
Fire goes out,red light...

Fire goes out,red light comes on it restarts. Does this several times before water is hot

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

There is a red light on the on switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Water heater was installed in 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: RV
11/7/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make and model of your water heater? This can be caused by several things including a bad control board, low LP working pressure at the tank regulator or bad ignitor or one that is not properly aligned into the flame. Once I have the make and model I can supply a copy of the Service Manual and direct you in some simple testing to find the cause and recommend a solution for you. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

What do you need

My response probably just crossed with yours........

Here it is again: What is the make and model of your water heater? This can be caused by several things including a bad control board, low LP working pressure at the tank regulator or bad ignitor or one that is not properly aligned into the flame. Once I have the make and model I can supply a copy of the Service Manual and direct you in some simple testing to find the cause and recommend a solution for you. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

heater is a suburban 6 gal model sw6d s/d

See the attached link for a copy of the Suburban Service Manual for this. Print this out so you have it. I would check the control board and see if that is failing. On ther side or rear of the water heater and just unplugs so you can take it in for testing. Then get back to me if we need to go further into this. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/subsw.pdf

Just checking back in to see if you were able to track down the problem or do you still need some additional assistance from me here?