RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an Atwood LP Gas Water Heater Model #GC6AA-10E in my…

I have an Atwood...

I have an Atwood LP Gas Water Heater Model #GC6AA-10E in my new RV. When I turned the switch inside my RV for the water heater, it will not come on. Do you know why? Any suggestions on what I am doig wrong? Where I bought my RV they said to just turn the switch on and I would have hot water.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It's a Heartland Wilderness 3375KL RV

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RV?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turning the breaker on and off. Turning the switch on for an hour. Then checking to see if I have hot water and nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really. I just want hot water

11/5/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​t does take some time to get the water hot. Like 30 minutes or so. Were you using the AC mode or the LP mode? Are you sure that the breaker for the AC heating element was on? Bypass on the rear of the water heater in the correct position? There are any number of reasons why this might not be making hot water. Did they go over this with you when you bought this? I am wondering if they did the complete PDI service and checked this out first. I am adding a link to the Atwood Water Heater Service Manual for you. Print this out so you have it. Please get back to me tomorrow and we can do some trouble shooting on this if you still need more help. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodwaterheater.pdf

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

I am operating water heater on LP. It has a 2 amp fuse and we checked the fuse and it was burned out. Replaced with another 2 amp fuse and it immediately blew that one. Any suggestions?

When the fuse on the board blows it is showing the board is bad in most cases. You can take it off and into shop to be tested.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification