RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

We 2006 Keystone Copper Canyon 5th wheel. How do we replace

We 2006 Keystone Copper Canyon...
We 2006 Keystone Copper Canyon 5th wheel. How do we replace the rotten floor under the edge of the floor under the slide out?
10/23/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

As on some models you may have to have the slide out gears disconnected to then slide the slide out further to access to replace.This is something that a shop will usually have to do as the slide out usually has to be supported to then be able to slide it out enough to access the rest of the flooring.Unfortunately my info is not showing the exact procedure for your model here on how to do this but this is usually how this has to be done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we were hoping for an easier or cheaper solution. any other ideas?

Unfortunately if you cannot access the edge without the slide being pulled out further there is no other way I have seen myself this can be done.From what I see it is the only way I know of to access it.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician