RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a RV Tifflin 1998 Allegro and the batteries are not…

I have a RV...

I have a RV Tifflin 1998 Allegro and the batteries are not recharging there self. I will have to come back the plummer is coming my hot water tank is broke so help please I will be right back.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Customer:(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '98 RV?

Does not slide out on side 34 ft long Tifflin Allegro Rv motor home 1998 `123 ,000 miles. Thanks my water tank is busted. Plan to sell this RV for 12,000.00 as is in great shape blue book said I could sell for $13,316.00 for it but I will go with best offer. I have a tv and new radio for it and it sleeps 6 but my question is what I need to get batteriew to recharge the concerter where is it in RV please.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

The RV is in good shape just the batteries recharging is not doing so we my neighbor helped me to do this and replace burned out bulbs. No spare tire for it but I have the aspare tire cover for the back of RV.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I will take pictures of the RV if you like on my phone and send you copies The inside is great.

I believe they told me DV no slide out
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
number you can get me on. (###) ###-####
***** *****
placing this RV on craigs list for sale $12,000.. or Best offer. if ANYONE WANTS A PICTURE TEXT ME AT NUMBE(###) ###-####
10/19/2017
Daniel Wilson

Hi Angela, My name is***** me some time to look up what I have for manuals and info on this model. If the batteries test good with a battery tester then the no charge issue is likely alternator related. Check the alternator belt and have the alternator tested with engine running. Also check the Power converter and AC charger if equipped. Have all battery to starter cables cleaned, inspected and tightened as well.

TESTED BATERY AND IT SHOWS 12.2
I AM SORRY NO MORE CHARGES ON ME. I AM NOW DIVORCE AND LEFT WITH ALL PROBLEMS HE REFUSED TO FIX SO rv IS WORKING JUST GOT TO FIND THE CONVERTER TO SEE IF IT IS WORKING SO BATERIES CAN RECHARGE. gENERATOR IS WORKING SO JUST NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BATERIE I HAVE NOMORE MONEY I AM IN DEBT NOW. tHANKS

Hi, Sorry to hear you are going through this. The site sends auto messages for calls etc which are extra... no need to accept them. We can continue here.

The motor-home batteries which constitute the 12 VDC system are contained inside the motor-home entrance step well . To access these batteries, open the access
panel on these steps. When access to the batteries is
no longer needed, close and securely fasten the access cover to place
these steps back in service.
When batteries are not used for extended periods of time, they will
gradually lose their electrical charge. Therefore, it is necessary
periodically to recharge the batteries to increase the operational lives of
the batteries. It is also necessary to check the external condition of the
batteries on a regular basis. Look for cracks in the battery case and
cover. Check the vent plugs and replace them if they are cracked or
broken. Keep the battery clean.
Since accumulations of dirt and acid residue around the battery terminals
may provide an electrical path for discharging the battery, the area
around the terminals should be cleaned periodically. One can use an old
toothbrush and a sparse amount of a diluted solution of baking soda
(sodium bicarbonate) and water (distilled or de-ionized, preferred; tap
water, acceptable) to clean and neutralize any acidic build-up around the
battery terminals. If there is any forming on the top of the battery, this
indicates that acidic residues are being neutralized. Rinse the cleaned
areas thoroughly with distilled or de-ionized water (tap water is okay, too).
Avoid getting the baking-soda solution into the battery fill plugs to each battery cell; this would drastically
reduce the effectiveness of the battery (by neutralizing the sulfuric acid in the battery cells) or, worse, “kill” the battery. Dry the battery cables and terminals to prevent corrosion; to protect those terminals further, use a plastic ignition spray on the terminals. Do not use grease on the terminals, especially on the metal-to-metal connections, as grease may act as an insulator and keep the battery electrical power from entering the cables.
If the batteries are not going to be used for an extended period of time, they should be removed from the
Allegro and stored in a warm, dry place. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that this service be
performed by a qualified service technician, as the process is usually too complicated for the average owner to
perform. For those who may wish to perform this service themselves, the following procedure is described:
Mark the battery cables (“+” sign or “red” for the positive cable; “ - ” sign or “black” for the negative cable) so
that they can be properly reconnected again later. These batteries would require periodic recharging to maintain
their full charge.
Additionally, the batteries will, over time, lose some of the water used with the sulfuric acid in the batteries.
Following manufacturer’s recommendations as found in the Owner’s Information Package, periodically check
the fluid levels in all the cells of the batteries (be sure to use safety eyewear during this process) and fill those
that are low with water (distilled or de-ionized water is preferred; tap water is okay). Don’t overfill the cells;
follow the filling directions exactly. This battery checkup should be done on a regular basis to realize the fullest
service possible from the batteries over the longest time possible.
If the Allegro is to be stored for an extended period of time, the 12 VDC battery system should be
disconnected—this procedure will prevent unnecessary drain and corrosion of the batteries and their terminals.

Check the location at the stair well and let me know if the batteries are where this manual says they are. If not let me know and I will look into this further for you.

Will get back to you in the morning have to go wire money to my mother flying home. I will let my neighbor know Thanks.

Sounds good. Pleasure to help

Daniel Wilson

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson