RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Microwave and coffee maker plug in not working in 2005

Microwave and coffee maker...

Microwave and coffee maker plug in not working in 2005 Cardinal 5th wheel. All fuses in fuse box seem to be ok. All other plug ins are working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Don’t have a manual.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 RV?

Cardinal 5th wheel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband checked all of the fuses in the fuse box and they are good. We are camping so we are trying to fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Everything else seems ok. Thank you.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/18/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

The outside where we plug the camper in seems ok also

That is usually a tripped GFCI plug in the kitchen area that does that. You can't run both of these at the same time. Locate that plug and pushh the button in to reset it. Let me know if that doesn't resolve this for you. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Pushed the button with no resultHaven’t run both coffee maker and microwave at the same time. When we setup the rv at the campsite neither were working.

It won't reset without power, so check the service breaker in your load center. Flip that breaker off and then back on. If this has an inverter then check the reset on that as this circuit goes through there.

Are you using any adapter on your shore cord?

When I started this my husband was here. He left. Is there any way I can get back in touch with you when he returns?

Yes. Bookmark this and you can come right back to it again.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification