RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have 2 problem. Main problem is my 2017 Winnebago View

Customer Question
I have 2 problem....
I have 2 problem. Main problem is my 2017 Winnebago View with 9,400 miles on it has a problem with the rear slide. There are 4 tracks with teeth which assist in extending & retacting the slide. It appears as if the top gear is not operating so when the slide gets extended, we stop after 18" to 24" fearing the the slide with bind up and get jammed, since the top slide track is not operating. Our local Winnebago service provider cannot see the unit for maintenance for 3 to 4 weeks. Which won't work, since I have the unit rented out tomorrow. (which is my 2nd problem--); Even if I had a temporary reipair to me through my rental commitment. I am taking the unit to a general RV repair shop in the morning, (an experienced RV mechanic I had worked with when I had my Fleetwood Bounder). Can you give me any advance information to assist in diagnosis & repair. Thank you, ***** *****
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: The RV is a 2017, I purchased it new about 10 weeks ago. Tell me what the brake switch is or & does and where is it located. Thanks
JA: What is the model of your '17 RV?
Customer: View with the 3 ft slide out Bed in the back I believe it is a GL, I'll check it & write you in a minute.
JA: Are you fixing your GL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I believe it is a 24 G --it is the only one with the rear slide, which extends the bed in the back. I don't know who is going to fix it. Since I don't know what to look for, I am looking for direction from someone who understands the operation and what could have gone wrong. Is it a pin or is it a motor or????
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I have given you the information I have. Is this a service provided by Winnebago or is it a separate service where you bill me for my quesitons?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
10/18/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This should be a Schwintek system, click HERE and it will give you some troubleshooting and allow you to see how that room is set up. If only one corner is not working it sounds like it can possible be an issue with the motor. You should have a control box as shown in the manual as well, if there is a fault it will flash an error code, below is the listing of codes which will help diagnose the problem. I would think even a general RV shop would be able to assist you on this as Lippert is a common manufacturer for slide rooms in all RV's.

During operation when an error occurs the board will use the led’s to indicate where the problem exists.

For motor specific faults the green led will blink 1 time for motor 1, and 2 times for motor 2. The red led will blink from 2 to 9 times depending on the error code. The error codes are as follows:

2 Battery drop out: Battery capacity low enough to drop below 6 volts while running

3 Low battery: Voltage below 8 volts at start of cycle

4 High battery: Voltage greater than 18 volts

5 Excessive motor current: High amperage, also indicated by 1 side of slide continually stalling.

6 Motor short circuit: Motor or wiring to motor has shorted out.

8 Hall signal not present: Encoder is not providing a signal. Usually a wiring problem.

9 Hall power short to ground: Power to encoder has been shorted to ground. Usually a wiring problem. When an error code is present, the board needs to be re-set. Energizing the extend/retract switch resets the board. Energize the extend/retract switch again for normal operation.

This is NOT a service provided by Winnebago. This is a site where you can ask verified experts questions about your problems, not only pertaining to RV'S. I have over 20 years RV experience and have worked for several major RV manufacturers including Winnebago.

I only get credit when you select a STAR rating on the page once you are satisfied, if you are not satisfied please let me know..... ROBERT

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic