RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My RV has a Suburban NT-40 furnace. The burner initially…

My RV has a Suburban...
My RV has a Suburban NT-40 furnace. The burner initially lights and the blower starts, but after a few minutes it's just blowing cold air. What can I do to get it to work myself?
10/17/2017
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Sure what do you need to know?
I don't actually have anyway of working on it right now. I was just searching for some information on what to do. I can try to get with you again later this week; if that would work.

Several things to check first. Incoming DC voltage to be sure it is adequate. The ignitor to be sure that the ends are not burned off that. On the front of the furnace. And the LP pressure should be checked and adjusted as needed at least once a year. And testing the control board would be good as it may be a bad solder joint on there. If you can inspect the heat exchanger carefully that would be good as these are prone to cracking. That changes the air ratio when this happens. They usually show up as rust colored streaks on the dark heat exchanger. Those are some things to check. And yes, you can get back to me later as I am here every day. I will get you a manual for this which is helpful. All follow ups are included in our fee.

S​ee the attached manual link. Print this out so you have it. Bookmark this and you can come back to it again any time. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/subntnew.pdf

Thanks, I'll try back most likely on Wednesday when my wife is home to watch the 6 year old.

O.K...........I am here most of the day every day.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification