RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic RM3604 refig, in my MH,It has a gas type…

I have a Dometic RM3604...
I have a Dometic RM3604 refig, in my MH,It has a gas type thermostat not a thermistor.Upon startup it will get very cool 28 degress in 24 hours and freeze everything then next day it will be 60 degress .Upon turning the thermostat nob that dosenot seem to make any difference Help. Erik
10/12/2017
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​hat would seem to indicate that the thermostat is not working properly all the time. I think those are still available and I can get back to you with a part number. Please get me the Product number off the data tag so I can be sure to get the right modification as some of these go through a series of small changes.

The product #9215801 and the serial#00900506 model RM 3604
Thanks Randall.

See the attached link for a copy of the exploded view with part numbers. http://www.laurelhurstdistributors.com/parts/refrigerators/dometic/RM3604.html

Part number of the thermostat is(###) ###-####013 and is still available.

See the attached link for a copy of the Dometic Service Manual for this model. Print that out so you have it. Let me know if you need more help on the diagnostics. All follow ups are included in our fee. http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Dometic-Refer-Model-RM3804-Diagnostic-Service-Manual.pdf

Laurelhurstd parts says part is know longer available ,what next? Thanks ERik

Did they give an upgrade part number? Let me see what I can find out. I buy from them all the time.

I will give Ed a call in the morning.....I think there is a replacement and I may have one at my shop.

Thanks Erik

Y​ou are most welcome! I will get back to you tomorrow.

Had any luck with ED locating the part. Erik

Waiting for a call back.........Fridays can be a busy time. And their computers have been down most of the day.

OK thanks

I will know by Monday.......

Just got off the phone with Dometic and they say there was an upgrade part, but that is NLA now. Part number is(###) ###-#### I can call Laurel Hurst later and see if they have one. I will also check another source I know of. Hope we can locate one for you.

Sounds good thanks.Erik

Found one! On the way to my shop. $59.95 plus tax and shipping.

Great how do I buy this through you or ? .Erik

Yes. Need to do a phone chat.

im very mechanical I would just like to buy the part.

That information has to be done over the phone and a phone chat is the only way we can.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
OK he is my ph(###) ###-#### cell(###) ###-####

Maybe after 6 p.m. my time.......

Randall I;M starting to wonder where the part is? ,I don't have any tracking # from you or what means of shipping you use.
Hope all is OK. MY address. 380 ,N San Marcos RD.Santa Barbara CA, 93111.(###) ###-####
Erik

My bad, Erik..........I got it and hadn't get it mailed yet. Tomorrow for sure! I apologize for that. Wife has had some medical issues and kind of distracted me.

OK !! take care .Erik

Thanks.........she is better now. Some bad reactions to some new heart meds.

Mailed this out to you yesterday, Erik...........sorry, again for the delay!

When can you send the part?

Did you miss that? I said I mailed it yesterday.

Sorry I didn't understand your email Thanks

Let me know how it turns out.

Hi Randall well alls been working good so that did the trick.Thanks again 10 stars .Erik

Thanks for letting me know, Erik..........good job!