RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2001 Winnebago 30' 454 gas motorhome. When parked, brake…

Customer Question
2001 Winnebago 30' 454 gas...
2001 Winnebago 30' 454 gas motorhome. When parked, brake set, engine off - 3 chirps. House batteries and new. Chassis battery fully charged. What's the chirping about?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 12 days by:
10/18/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check to make sure nothing was left on like lights or another component causing this fault here.On some models is a light or another component is left on that should be switched off when the engine is turned off is on this can cause this chirp noise.If this is or was already checked and no issues were found let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

There is a switch just to the left of the steps as you climb into the motorhome that is a "master" for the 12v fixtures. I have turned that off. The only thing I can think of is a carbon monoxide sensor below the refrigerator (that I believe also turns off when the master switch is switched to the off position), but I will check that out.

O.k.,let me know what you come up with here.If the carbon monoxide tester has an internal fault it can chirp.I have heard several of these chirp with an internal fault.

Thanks Pete

34;Internal fault" meaning it's not functioning properly?

Correct.I have seen some of these develop an internal fault where they can chirp to alert to you that it has a problem internally.Of course it can also chirp to let you know it has detected carbon monoxide but usually that is an on going chirp if that is the case.It is possible the detector is at fault causing this issue.If when you hear this chirping it is coming from the detector it would be a good idea to use a different detector temporarly to make sure it is not picking up carbon monoxide.If it is then you may have an exhaust leak getting into the motorhome needing repaired.If it does not chirp or go off then I would replace the detector that is installed.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

OK - tonight when I get home I will check to determine if the chirp is coming from the CO detector and I will advise.THANKS.MP

Your welcome

Let me know when your ready.I will not be online tomorrow but will be here friday and sunday through next thursday.

Thanks Pete

OK - I will check this out and be back in touch on Friday.MP

Sounds good.

Thanks