RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2004 Forest River Georgetown 359t. Main slide out stopped…

Customer Question
2004 Forest River Georgetown...

2004 Forest River Georgetown 359t. Main slide out stopped working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Forest River?

Georgetown 359t

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If there is a main fuse for the living room slideout. There is electricity up to the solenoid.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Yes.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
10/6/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Are you plugged into shore power? It may have a control module depending on whose slide hardware you have. Do you know whose this is?

plugged in. Believe it is Lippert. Replaced solenoid. Power reaches solenoid and onto the reversing solenoid. Motor clicks but does not operate. While pressing "in" power on "in" active on solenoid. Same for "out"

Is this a Schwintek system?

Or is this one of their hydraulic systems?

Lippert. Hydraulic jacks and one slide out. The living room slideout

That may be low voltage. Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing?

We can test it at the trombetta switch there on the motor. The contacts may be burned in there and not passing the current across. A meter would tell us that.

The trombetta solenoid was replaced. Is there another attached to the motor itself? There is 13.4 v on each of the posts of the solenoid. One wire running to the left of the motor and the other to the right. Didn't notice another switch. May be beyond line of sight. Will check it out if there is another. Please tell me where it is located. Relay switches, any?

When you hit the switch is there about that same voltage to the motor? It may be an issue there.

i just told you that wires leading to the left and right of the motor each had13.4v. The wires are 10 inches and 16 inches respectively. checked the on the right at motor. couldn't reach the left. voltages should not ...
Is there another solenoid attached to the motor?

No. The power comes out of the trombetta solenoid and goes right to the motor. One way is for extend and the other is for retract as the motor reverses direction. You should be able to take a voltage reading at most places and see if that is the same going into and out of the solenoid. Or jump over it and see if the pump comes on.

I have done that. You don't know. That's ok. Goodnight...

If you have done that and the motor doesn't come on it is bad. That is what you need to replace.

Just checking back in to see how this went. Were you able to get the motor replaced on this?