RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 40fdts that we just bought drove it home and now…

Customer Question
We have a 40fdts...

We have a 40fdts that we just bought drove it home and now will not crank. We have a low voltage light on the dash on. If we can ever get it off it will start. We have no power to the fuel system when it's on. As soon as we can get it off it will pressure up the system and start. Don't know where it's signal comes from. PLEASE HELP

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It fluctuates.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2004 Alpine 40fdts

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying to fix it myself. Have tried all we know to do. As long as the low voltage light on dash is own it won't start. It does turn over good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
10/5/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ready and wait

S​ounds like the batteries may be needing some attention. I would have them load tested to be sure they are viable. If over 3 years old them may be failing. Dirty cables can do this as well. Inspect those and see. Low water in the batteries can cause this. They won't hold a charge if they get to low and expose the plates. If you remove them for load testing be sure you take a photo of the hook ups and orientation in the tray first. Get back to me if you need more on this once you check that out. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

I can give you a call as soon as Customer Service clears your additional payment for the phone service. It may be just a Fraud Alert issue.